First introduced in Monster Rancher 2, Bakus were obtainable only after expanding the barn to accommodate their large size. Earlier designs showed them to be more tapir-like, although they now resemble hippos or dogs. Although Bakus have a sleepy or bored expression, they are known for great physical strength and size. Offensively, they rely on directly damaging physical attacks, such as body slams and bites. Bakus also have the ability to heal themselves by simply taking a long nap.
In Monster Rancher EVO, Baku is the non-playable monster used for the lifting trick--the monster you are training lifts one over and over as part of the circus act.
The Bakuu (バクー) is a Japanese legend originating from Chinese folklore of a tapir-like animal that can eat the dreams of humans.
|Monster Rancher 2||Baku||"It doesn't like trouble; it is an innocent monster."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Baku||"A big, furry, loveable moster with a huge appetite. Contrary to its looks, it is actually very agile."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Baku||"Wrapped in thick fur and layers of fat, this monster is lovable and greedy. It always looks sleepy, but it can really move. It motto is 'Eat a lot, sleep a lot.'"|
|Monster Rancher EVO||N/A||Used as a non-playable monster in the "Lifting" trick.|
|Monster Farm DS||Baku|
|Monster Rancher DS||Baku||"Baku is a plump, loveable monster with thick fur. It looks sleepy but actually gets around quite well. Baku's motto is 'Eat, sleep and be lazy.'"|
|Monster Farm Online||Gimo||A breed of Non-Playable Enemy monsters. The basic Baku breed was designed but never released.|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Gimo||A breed of Non-Playable Enemy monsters|
|My Monster Rancher||Baku||"A particularly large monster, it is obedient and easygoing with a gentle personality. However, it can be too obedient, leading to embarrassment for its master when it follows the instructions of others."|
|Anime Series||Baku||For the character, see Baku (Anime).|
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Rancher 2, use , but only after reaching Rank 4 and receiving the 1st stable upgrade from Bint.
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Rancher 4, use
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Baku in Monster Rancher DS, use , but only after receiving the 2nd stable upgrade from Bancho.
- To obtain a Baku in My Monster Rancher, use
See here for a complete list of Baku Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Baku, click here.