Duckens are plastic multi-colored duck dolls with a segmented section in their torso, first introduced in Monster Rancher 2 where they are obtainable by winning a contest in the mail and receiving a Duck Doll. This established their toy-like nature, but as they have reappeared in all subsequent games (except Monster Farm Online and Monster Farm Lagoon), their connection with toys has lessened. They are now more seen as puzzles. They are known for eccentric attacks, using parts of their body as projectiles.
So-named because it is modeled after the duck, a type of waterfowl.
|Monster Rancher 2||Ducken||"This toy-like monster is an artifact of the ancient era."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Dakkung||"A romantic. Despite its voice and moves, it fancies itself beautiful. Its 'Self-Bomb' is a must-see. Beyond this we don't know much about it."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Ducken||"This moody monster used to be someone's toy long ago. It doesn't have a serious thought in its head and does whatever it wants, but ended up learning a lot somehow."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Ducken||"This moody monster used to be someone's toy long ago. It doesn't have a serious thought in its head and does whatever it wants, but ended up learning a lot somehow."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Ducken||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Ducken||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Ducken|
|Monster Rancher DS||Ducken||"Ducken was thought to be a toy of the ancients, but is actually just a moody monster. Surprisingly, it's been able to do anything it puts its tiny mind to ( which isn't much for a birdbrain. )"|
|My Monster Rancher||Ducken||"It was discovered in the ruins of ancient civilizations. It doesn't really think about anything it does and often acts selfishly, making it quite notorious."|
|Monster Farm Travel||Ducken|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Dakkung||Non-playable Obstacle. Large Ducken heads that stick out from the walls and shoot missiles that destroy crates and kill you.|
|Anime Series||Ducken||For the character, see Ducken (Anime).|
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher 2, feed your monster cup jellies until you collect 5 lids with diamonds on them. Send away for a Duck Doll which you can then sell or give to your monster. Raise your monster to Class C with at least 50 Fame and 210 Life. You must have already gone to the Kawrea once with Dr. Talico. On Feb. 1, Rovest will invite you to explore the Torles Mountains. Search the three trees in the front for the Strong Glue (it is randomly placed in one of the trees and can be difficult to find!). Collect 5 more diamond lids and build another Duck Doll using the Glue. Use this item in combining with any two monsters.
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher 4, use
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Colt.
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password F61s.
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain a Ducken in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Ducken in Monster Farm Travel, use
See here for a complete list of Ducken Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Ducken, click here.