Garus are small bipedal lion monsters known for their high energy as well as their cowardly ways, these monsters are great to start off with and raise throughout the games. They were introduced in Monster Rancher Advance 2, and are also available in several later games. Their techniques are normally fire-based, but they are combined with physical moves like their "Fire Punch" and "Fire Kick" attacks. This would lead one to suspect that Garus are fire-resistent, but it is unsure if this is true. Their design looks a bit like the Mogwai from the Final Fantasy videogame series.
Most Garu breeds are named after legends from the Mediterranean, whether that be Greece, Italy, or Upper Africa. Some names are even French.
|Monster Rancher 4||"Always energetic and full of curiosity, the Garu is also a bit of a coward. But in a pinch, it comes running and gets into the action! That's what makes it so popular."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||"Energetic at all times! Always curious! A little bit of a coward? But when it has to it will fly, jump and push its way through! This quality makes Garu a very popular monster."|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||N/A|
|My Monster Rancher||"It is lion-like and energetic but unexpectedly serious, and when it's focused it is quite impressive. However, when it's young it gets tired very quickly."|
- To obtain a Garu in Monster Rancher 4, use The Little Mermaid 2 DVD, The Avengers (Widescreen Side) DVD, or House Season 2 (Disc 5) DVD.
- To obtain a Garu in Monster Rancher EVO, use Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Widescreen Side) DVD, Fungus Amongus - Incubus CD, or Bionicle 1 DVD.
- To obtain a Garu in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password END.
- To obtain a Garu in My Monster Rancher, use
See here for a complete list of Garu Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Garu, click here.