Gitans first appeared in Monster Rancher 3, and they resemble small floating purple demons with long ears and tails that end in spines. They started out with reddish fringes, but eventually, they faded to being completely purple. They always have large, angry-looking eyes and their combinations usually create vampiristic or demonistic monsters. Most Gitans are imps or gremlin-like legends from European countries.
Gitans usually sport a pitchfork or spear when fighting, but are also very adept with their spines and fangs. Some of their attacks are based on magic and some on fire, and be warned: They never travel alone. Often, they can call several other Gitans to back them up. They are known for purposely getting themselves into trouble, but it never works out the way they intend it to (usually because they are too pitiful to be taken seriously). They are available at the start in Monster Rancher Advance 2, Monster Rancher 4, and Monster Rancher EVO.
The Gitan family reappears as an enemy monster family in Monster Farm Lagoon, but they have been redesigned with bat-like wings for ears and a more scaly, reptilian appearance.
|Monster Rancher 3||Gitan||"Gently floating along with its big ears and big tail, this monster looks very mysterious. I wonder why its eyes are always so sullen...?"|
|Monster Rancher 4||Gitan||
"Wanting to be a real demon, it tries to do all kinds of mischief. But this usually backfires, and people wind up being grateful to it. It's very troubled by this."
|Monster Rancher EVO||Gitan||"A trainee devil monster with a lot to learn."|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Gitan||N/A|
|Monster Farm Online||Gurentan||Non-Playable Enemy Monster|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Glenntan||Non-Playable Enemy Monster|
- To obtain a Gitan in Monster Rancher 3, use the PS1 game Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
- To obtain a Gitan in Monster Rancher 4, use
- To obtain a Gitan in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Gitan in Monster Rancher Advance 2, win the Trident Open on Nov. 3 in A Class and you will receive an item called the "Black Spear". Combine with any two monsters for Gitan. If you lose this battle, you may enter again next year.
See here for a complete list of Gitan Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Gitan, click here.