Golems are giants composed of craggy rocks, known for their great power and defense. In combinations, they usually add these qualities to the new monster while reducing its speed. They are excellent at basic physical attacks such as chops and punches, and can also break apart and reconstruct themselves, allowing them to launch bits and pieces of themselves as projectiles.
They have appeared in every game to date, but their basic design has changed quite a bit throughout the series. In Monster Rancher 1 (as well as in the anime series), Golems had an Egyptian-style face with a goatee. In Monster Rancher 2, they lost the beard and their face became more European. In Monster Rancher 3, their faces were simplistic boulders with holes for mouth and eyes. They returned to earlier, more detailed designs in Monster Rancher 4.
In Monster Farm Online and Monster Farm Lagoon, Golem was redesigned to be less symmetrical and more pieced together, and several head shapes and arm attachments are available, including a large drill. A special breed that looked like the original design was also released, called Moribito Golem (meaning "Guardian Golem").
In earlier games, Golems are available from the start, but in later installations, they need to be unlocked by building a barn expansion large enough to accommodate them.
In Jewish folklore, a golem is an animated anthropomorphic being, created entirely from inanimate matter. Generally, it is assumed that this matter is stone or clay, and golems have begun to appear in legends in several other Middle Eastern countries as well.
|Monster Rancher 1||Golem||"Its solid rock body helps it have a lot of power. Very slow."|
|Monster Rancher 2||Golem||"It moves slowly, but its punch is destructive."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Golem||"Golem is a kind monster that loves to be one with nature. However, in battle it will fight furiously with powerful techniques."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Golem||"With its rock skin, many are afraid of this monster, but it's really pretty gentle and doesn't even like violence. But don't get it mad or rock fists will fly!"|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Golem||"With its rock skin, many are afraid of this monster, but it's really pretty gentle and doesn't even like violence. But don't get it mad or rock fists will fly!"|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Golem||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Golem||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Golem|
|Monster Rancher DS||Golem||"Feared by many as it's made of rock, the Golem is actually quite a gentle creature. Just don't provoke it, unless you're hungry for a rock knuckle sandwich."|
|Monster Farm Online||Golem||Color Variants: Yellow.|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Golem / Moribito Golem||Color Variants: Aqua, Red, Yellow.|
|My Monster Rancher||Golem||"This monster was born from the rock itself, but it is actually a gentle and feeling companion. It possesses a depth which can't be determined from its appearance."|
|Monster Farm Travel||Golem|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card||Golem|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2||Golem|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Golem||Captured by getting the Monster Wings on Level 22 and going to the Bonus Round. Allows you to destroy all crates and metal boxes.|
|Anime Series||Golem||For the character, see Golem (Anime).|
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher 1, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher 2, use , but only after reaching Rank 4 and receiving the 1st stable upgrade from Bint.
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher 4, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password GRR!, but only after receiving the 2nd stable upgrade from Bint.
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Rancher DS, use , but only after receiving the 1st stable upgrade from Bancho.
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Farm Online, use
- To obtain a Golem in Monster Farm Lagoon, use
- To obtain a Golem in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Golem Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card, use
- To obtain a Golem Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Golem Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Golem, click here.