Hengers are mysterious robot monsters that were built with lost technology from an ancient civilization. They can stand upright on two legs or fold themselves up into a more compact form, much like a transformer. Current in-game science has no idea how they move or what materials they're made out of, but they can attack with technology-based weapons that are attached to their bodies, including lasers, drills, missiles and bullets. Monsters with Henger sub-types tend to have robotic or metallic features.
Hengers are complicated to unlock in many games. Often, several storyline events have to occur before they can be achieved and raised.
The word henge in Japanese means "to transform." Thus one who transforms would be a henger.
|Monster Rancher 1||Henger||"A hybrid who's made from the souls of other monsters."|
|Monster Rancher 2||Henger||"Monsters' souls within the Henger rarely maintain their past memories."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Hengar||"A mysterious robot monster made by an ancient lost civilization. Its mechanisms could not be understood for a very long time."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Henger||"A mysterious monster jam-packed with lost technology from an ancient civilization. Current science has no idea how it moves or what it's made out of."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Hengar||"A mysterious monster which embodies lost technology from an ancient civilization. Nobody knows what allows it to move or what it's made of."|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Henger||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Henger|
|Monster Rancher DS||Hengar|
|Monster Farm Online||Henger||Color Variants:|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Henger||Color Variants: Black, Blue, Green, Yellow.|
|My Monster Rancher||Hengar||"Made artificially by ancient science. It was programmed to adapt to virtually any environment, and is even capable of adjusting its appearance."|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Henger||Non-playable Obstacle. Floats back and forth and will reverses direction when meeting a crate (will not destroy it). Can be only be killed if shot.|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2||Henger||N/A|
|Anime Series||Henger||For the characters, see Hengers (Anime).|
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher 1, raise your monster's Intelligence over 600. On Oct. 2, Mr. Karnab will invite you to explore the Reno Ruins with him. Search the temples to collect four Clay Doll pieces: Left Doll Hand, Right Doll Hand, Left Doll Leg, and Right Doll Leg. Raise your monster to Class A and beat the Winter Invitational Tourney (Invite on ____, Tourney on Jan. ___) to win the Doll Head. The pieces will be assembled into the Clay Doll. Next, send a monster with at least 550 Int. and high Power to the Obelisk at north center of the Reno map. Break the barrier and read the inscription on the obelisk. Your monster will now bear a circular mark on its body. Combine this monster with another and the Clay Doll for Henger, and all ??? Hengers will now also be unlocked.
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher 2, win the Elimination Tourney (Class D, Battle on June 4) to receive an invite to the IMa vs FIMBA Invitational Tourney. After competing in the match (you don't have to win!), Henger will automatically be available to unlock at the shrine. This tourney is available every 4 years on your battle calendar.
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher 4, use the DVDs Garfield & Friends Vol. 1 (Discs 1 & 3)
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher EVO, unlock the Grabad Factory Adventure in Chapter 2 of the game and work through the puzzles until you get to the cogwheels. You will find the Dead Henger's Head. Hengers will now be available at the Shrine.
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher Advance 2, explore the Malkt Ruins to find the Gears (slightly west of the center of the map) and the Arm (SE area). Take the parts to the Studio and Chamois will hold on to them for you while she does research. After about 2 months, she will come to the ranch saying she put the parts together but the item is incomplete. Go back to Malkt and find the Head (in the NE corner). Return to the Studio and Chamois will assemble it into an item called Mech Bot. You can use this in combining with any two monsters for a Henger.
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Rancher DS, wait until the year 1005. By then, the tree in the SW corner of your map will have become mature. Raise your monster to Rank B or higher, then bring it to the tree in August (Month 8). It will find something which Cleo will mistake it for a Beaclon, and then the Henger will attack you. After defeating the Henger in battle, you will get the Ancient Weapon to use in Combining with any two monsters.
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Farm Online, use
- To obtain a Henger in Monster Farm Lagoon, use
- To obtain a Henger in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Henger Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Henger Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Henger, click here.