A type of Durahan that originally wore sleek black armor that was lightweight, much like ninja armor. It also carries two sharp katana instead of a sword, and its arms are wrapped in bandages from its many fights.
In Monster Rancher 4, the Kagemusha is introduced as a ??? sub-type with a strange hat, bright red hair and human-like face mask. This second design was eventually settled upon as the official Durahan/Zan combination, although Kagemusha looks nothing like a Zan combo, and, in most respects (the human face and arms), looks as though it may have a Magic sub-type.
In Japanese, kagemusha (meaning "Shadow Warrior") is a term used to denote a political decoy. It is the name of a 1980 film that tells the story of a lower-class criminal who is taught to impersonate a dying warlord in order to dissuade opposing lords from attacking the newly vulnerable clan.
|Monster Rancher 4||Kagemusha (???)||"A samurai warrior that came from a small island far to the east. Now it devotes its entire life to improving its skill with the sword."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Dark Raider (Zan)||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Dark Raider (Zan)||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Kagemusha (???)|
|Monster Rancher DS||Kagemusha (Zan)||"Kagemusha is from a small island in the Far East. It is a special class of samurai, vowing to live and die by the sword."|
|My Monster Rancher||Kagemusha (Zan)||"It seems to be a body double, though for whom is unknown. It stands out due to the eerie face and unusual red hair."|
- To obtain a Kagemusha in Monster Rancher 4, use either the PS2 games Devil May Cry 1 or Devil May Cry 2, or the PS2 game Onimusha: Warlords.
- To obtain a Dark Raider in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Ape.
- To obtain a Dark Raider in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password multiple.
- To obtain a Kagemusha in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Kagemusha in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain a Kagemusha in My Monster Rancher, use