Mews are small yellow stuffed toy cats (who resemble ragdolls) that were first introduced in Monster Rancher 1 under the name Nya, and were obtainable only after buying a special doll from the Items Shop. They have appeared in every Monster Rancher game to date, with exception of Monster Farm Lagoon. In Monster Farm Online, a giant Mew set up on a rolling board is used as your opponent in the game tutorial to teach you how to battle wild monsters.
Mews are surprisingly one of the more popular species of monsters in the games. They are known for using tricky attacks to sap their opponent's willpower since their Intelligence stats tend to be very high. Also known for their singing attacks. Although its face design started out much more cat-like, eventually the face widened and the eyes became slits. It lost the nose altogether, and the whole thing started to look more like a sock puppet. Eventually, the stitching on their bodies became more apparent and the eyes were fashioned out of buttons, making it look more like a realistic stuffed animal again.
Nya is the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes, much like the English word mew or meow.
|Monster Rancher 1||Nya||"Bears a strong resemblance to a cat-like figure."|
|Monster Rancher 2||Mew||"This cat-doll monster loves to sing very much."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Mew||"This monster likes to sing so much that at some point it started carrying a microphone around. Lately it's been wanting to try acting, too."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Mew||"A much-loved stuffed cat wanted to show its gratitude so much that it just came alive one day. Once it starts singing, it forgets what it was going to do."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Mew||"A much-loved stuffed cat wanted to show its gratitude so much that it just came alive one day. Once it starts singing, it forgets what it was going to do."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Mew||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Mew||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Mew|
|Monster Rancher DS||Mew|
|Monster Farm Online||Nyandoll||Non-playable monster used as an opponent in the tutorial|
|My Monster Rancher||Mew||"It is said this suspicious monster was created when a spirit chose to inhabit a stuffed animal. It loves talking and singing and long phone calls."|
|Monster Farm Travel||Mew|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2||Mew||N/A|
|Anime Series||Mew||For the character, see Mew (Anime).|
- To obtain a Nya in Monster Rancher 1, wait until Mr. Karnab invites you to explore the Titus Temple ruins on Jan. 2. Find the Cat Doll in the _______ temple, or wait for the Items Shop shop to start selling it around the year 1026. Use in Combining with any two monsters, and the ??? Nyas will now be unlocked as well.
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher 2, win the Elimination Tourney (Class D, Battle on June 4) to receive an invite to the IMa vs FIMBA Invitational Tourney. After competing in the match (you don't have to win!), Mew will automatically be available to unlock at the shrine. This tourney is available every 4 years on your battle calendar.
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher 4, use
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Ren(space)Hoek.
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the passwords DINGDONG or Pike.
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain a Mew in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Mew in Monster Farm Travel, use
- To obtain a Mew Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Mew Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Mew, click here.