Mocchi is a monster breed that has soft, sticky skin and a shell-like row of scales on its back. It's an extremely popular monster that first appears in Monster Rancher 2 and then every game after it. A few of their attacks involve powerful storms of cherry blossom petals and gusts of wind, and some types of Mocchi can expel powerful energy beams from their mouths. They can also roll into a ball and bounce around like they are made of rubber. When redesigned for Monster Farm Online, they have short stubby tails and duck-like feet.
Even though Suezo was the "mascot" of the series at first, more attention has been placed on Mocchi since the anime series aired. Mocchi is one of the main characters in the series and grows from an infant to an experienced fighter.
Its name and design come from the mochi, the Japanese sweet cake made of pounded rice. They are often served wrapped in cherry blossom leaves.
|Monster Rancher 2||"Its sticky skin and cute movements attract a lot of trainers."|
|Monster Rancher 3||"Its cute moves and sticky skin make it popular among breeders. Its cute, squeaky voice is another reason to love it."|
|Monster Rancher 4||"The secret of the Mocchi's popularity isn't just its cute mannerisms and adorable eyes. It also has an irresistibly spongy body and soft, smooth skin!"|
|Monster Rancher EVO||"The secret of the Mocchi's popularity lies not only in its cute demeanor and eyes. Everyone who touches it squishy body and smooth skin develops an addiction to it."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS|
|Monster Rancher DS||"Mocchi's secret to fame includes cute gestures, adorable eyes and especially its plump little body. Anyone who touches it will be charmed in an instant. It feels firm, yet springy."|
|Monster Farm Online||Color Variants: Aqua, Brown, Gray, Green, Purple.|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Color Variants: Aqua, Black, Gray, Green, Purple, Red, Yellow.|
|My Monster Rancher||"This monster is very sweet and resembles a cherry rice cake. Because of its adorable shape and cuddly nature, it is very popular with female breeders."|
|Monster Farm Travel|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Captured by getting the Monster Wings on Level 58 and going to the Bonus Round. Makes you temporarily invincible to enemies, whom you can kill with a touch.|
|Anime Series||For the character, see Mocchi (Anime).|
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher 2, use . Also sold year-round in the Ryuwn Marketplace.
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher 4, achieve Rank B. Visit the Bugle Inn in Torble. Chiho will tell you about the problems with the Mocchi Smugglers. Talt will visit your ranch soon after and talk about Mocchis. Go back to the Inn and you will get the Mocchi doll. Go to Floor 6 of the Kalaragi Rainforest venture and defeat Geras. The following week, Phayne's Mocchi will come to your ranch with Talt. Mocchis will now be available at the Shrine.
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Food.
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password Wata.
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Farm Online, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Farm Lagoon, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Mocchi in Monster Farm Travel, use
- To obtain a Mocchi Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card, use
- To obtain a Mocchi Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Mocchi Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Mocchi, click here.