Mogis are monsters that appear to be a fusion between a dog and a mole, and they have large drills on their heads that resemble hats or turbans. Mogis have a sense of rhythm that make them fun as companions, and their breakdance moves can double as powerful attacks in battle. Some of their techniques involve the drill on their head or their powerful claws, using them to dig under opponents or generate seismic waves to stun them.
Unfortunately, Mogis have a reputation for making horribly ugly monsters when combined, such as the infamous MochiLips of Monster Rancher 4. In Monster Rancher EVO, a pair of robotic Mogis are used to do the "Bamboo Dance" trick while training for performances.
Its name comes from mogura (モグラ/土竜), the Japanese word for mole.
|Monster Rancher 3||"It uses the big drill on its head to dig through the ground on a 16-beat rhythm. It's kind of like a mole."|
|Monster Rancher 4||"A cool and stylish monster, it warms up with a hot dance and then gets cheers and applause when it dives underground. The battle arena is the Mogi's stage!"|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Non-Playable Mogi robots assist with the "Bamboo Dance" Trick|
|Monster Rancher Advance||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||N/A|
See here for a complete list of Mogi Techniques.
- To obtain a Mogi in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Mogi in Monster Rancher 4, use either the PS2 games Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers or Final Fantasy X-2, or the DVD Detective Conan, Season 4 (Disc 2).
- To obtain a Mogi in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Ngo.
- To obtain a Mogi in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password Eddy.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Mogi, click here.