Nagas were first introduced in Monster Rancher 1 and were obtainable at the beginning of the game. They have continued to appear in almost every Monster Rancher game since then, and played a major role in the anime series.
Nagas are humanoid serpents with stingers on their tails. They have a variety of attacks, using their fangs, broad shoulders and sharp claws to create powerful combo moves. They also seem to be able to generate some types of dark energy, like when they use their "Lifesteal" or "Evil Shot" techniques.
Unlike most monsters, the animation style for the Naga from Monster Rancher 3 was kept for both of the Advance games, as it was easier to animate than the designs from the first two games. It was changed again for Monster Rancher 4 and stayed the same after that.
Nagas (ナーガ) are Hindu and Buddhist myths of part-human/part-serpent beings, said to be a level of deity known for their powerful poison, and for their persecution of other living things.
|Monster Rancher 1||"Most violent of the monsters. It lives for battle."|
|Monster Rancher 2||"This one's cruel fighting style horrifies other monsters."|
|Monster Rancher 3||"Although they say this is the most ferocious monster of all, it is really quite careless. It often fails to catch its prey."|
|Monster Rancher 4||"The fiesty blood that runs through its veins is always looking for a battle, and it'll do absolutely anything to win. It looks like a battle cyborg."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||"Its instincts are always looking for a fight, and it'll do absolutely anything to win. It looks like a battle cyborg."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||N/A|
|Monster Rancher DS|
|My Monster Rancher||"The Naga is noted for its snake-like body. It has strong competitive instincts, but feels sorry for itself if it isn't always the best. The effort it puts in depends on its mood."|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Non-playable Obstacle. Can move in either direction but always tries to follow your character's position, destroying any crates in its path. Can be only be killed if shot.|
|Anime Series||For the character, see Naga (Anime).|
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher 1, use
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher 2, use
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher 3, use
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher 4, use the PS2 game Jak 3.
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password Inca.
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the password 0586, but only after receiving the 2nd stable upgrade from Bint.
- To obtain a Naga in Monster Rancher DS, you must reach Rank S and raise your monster to Class S to trigger the Four Heavenly Kings. Beat King Cop (Tourney on Dec. 1) to receive the Naga Scale to use in Combining.
- To obtain a Naga in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Naga Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card, use
- To obtain a Naga Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Naga Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Naga, click here.