Tigers are blue, wolf-like monsters with horns on their heads, also known as "The Blue Gale" or "Tiger of the Wind." They were first introduced in Monster Rancher 1 as one of the three basic species, being oriented towards speed and special attacks. Besides an array of swift physical attacks, some of their special abilities include shooting electricity from their horns and breathing ice and wind. They are typically depicted living near and around icy mountain peaks or the tundra, but they are also kept as pets by many people. They grew very popular and have appeared in every Monster Rancher video game since.
In Monster Farm Online and Monster Farm Lagoon, Tiger was redesigned as the Raiga, a more stocky version of the wolf monster, but a special breed that looked like the original blue and white design was released, called Kazenoraiga (meaning "Tiger of the Wind").
Its name is a mistranslation of the Japanese word raiga (ライガー), meaning "thunder fang." It is also a reference to another Tecmo game called Rygar.
|Monster Rancher 1||Tiger||"It is very popular with all types of people."|
|Monster Rancher 2||Tiger||"Many ordinary people keep this monster."|
|Monster Rancher 3||Tiger||"Thanks to the Tochikans, the once-feared 'Blue Gale' can now be trained by anyone. Once you become friends it will never betray you."|
|Monster Rancher 4||Tiger||"A pure white, snowy field looks great as a backdrop to the Tiger's blue mane. As affable as it is, it's hard to believe everybody used to be so afraid of it."|
|Monster Rancher EVO||Tiger||"A pure white, snowy field looks great as a backdrop to the Tiger's blue mane. As affable as it is, it's hard to believe everybody used to be so afraid of it."|
|Monster Rancher Advance||Tiger||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Advance 2||Tiger||N/A|
|Monster Farm DS||Tiger|
|Monster Rancher DS||Tiger||"Tiger's blue mane goes well with snow. It's such a friendly monster now, that it's hard to believe it was once feared as the mighty 'Blue Gale.'"|
|Monster Farm Online||Raiga / Kazenoraiga||Color Variants: Blue, Brown, Gray, Green, Purple, Red, Yellow.|
|Monster Farm Lagoon||Raiga / Kazenoraiga||Color Variants: Aqua, Black, Blue, Gray, Green, Purple, Red, Yellow.|
|My Monster Rancher||Tiger||"This monster manipulates the power of thunder. It has a personality that never forgets kindness, and is popular among a wide range of breeders from the beginner to the master."|
|Monster Farm Travel||Tiger|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card||Tiger||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Battle Card 2||Tiger||N/A|
|Monster Rancher Explorer||Tiger||Captured by getting the Monster Wings on Level 56 and going to the Bonus Round. Automatically kills all enemy monsters on that level.|
|Collector's Cards||Tiger / Young Tiger|
|Anime Series||Tiger of the Wind||For the character, see Tiger (Anime).|
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher 1, buy one at the market, or use
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher 2, use
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher 3, use the CD Metallica - Garage Inc. (Disc 1).
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher 4, use the PSX games Crash Bandicoot: Warped or Crash Bash
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher EVO, use
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher Advance, use the password 1961.
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher Advance 2, use the passwords Fall or doneany.
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Farm DS, use
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Rancher DS, use
- To obtain a Kazenoraiga in Monster Farm Online, use the DVD Monster Farm, Box 1 Vol. 3.
- To obtain a Kazenoraiga in Monster Farm Lagoon, use
- To obtain a Tiger in My Monster Rancher, use
- To obtain a Tiger in Monster Farm Travel, use
- To obtain a Tiger Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card, use
- To obtain a Tiger Card in Monster Rancher Battle Card 2, use
See here for a complete list of Tiger Techniques.
- For more pictures and screenshots of Tiger, click here.